Monday 16 April 2012

AS Media C/W Music Magazine

Preparation

I decided the name for my music magazine as it is targeted at an audience who will enjoy to "lounge around". It is also suited to the music genre of the music magazine because it is aimed to be a type of festival name; the magazine will include various festival information and pictures.

I decided that I wanted the font included on my Music Magazine Front Cover to look like it has been handwritten. After looking online at a website called www.dafont.co.uk at the theme 'Handwritten'. I chose a varied range of fonts and used them within the front cover.

The main colours of my front cover were decided because I wanted the background colour to be bright and eye catching. It also reminds the reader of summer which is prime festival season, this will appeal to the target audience.

The chosen target audience of my music magazine are teenagers and young adults who appreciate Indie music. New music will also be included within the magazine and this will appeal to this chosen audience.

The unique selling point of my music magazine is that it includes both new and existing music, large festival updates and varied articles. There are very few music magazines targeted at the same genre as mine and my magazine will represent and promote the genre. 

Photo

The shot I used for my front cover is a medium shot taken from the side. The model is looking up to something in the distance for example a stage. This is suited to my music genre as it has a festival theme and is suited to the indie genre.

The clothing being worn in the photograph include a festival-style straw hat, sunglasses, a lanyard which are all stereotypical of festival goers. The reader can immediately tell that the model is participating at some type of festival.

The lighting of this shot shows the sun reflecting off the sunglasses, this give the photo more of a festival theme. This is important for the type of music I have chosen to base my music magazine on.

Analysis


No comments:

Post a Comment