Saturday 21 April 2012

AS Media Music Magazine Conclusion

I have had both strengths and weaknesses in different aspects of my coursework. 

Strengths 

I feel my strengths included:
  • Finding and taking suitable photographs to use within my magazine on the front cover, contents page and double page spread. To take my photographs I used both a 12.2 and 5.1 mega pixel camera, these cameras allowed me to produce the photographs I needed for my magazine to a good quality. I found it very interesting to take different photographs from different angles and using different camera shots, even though I chose not to use them all within my magazine.  
  • Using fonts which fitted in well with my chosen genre. I used a website online called www.dafont.co.uk which has thousands of different styles of writing; I chose a font from the 'Handwritten' section which looks like it has been written by a normal person as it is neat yet also has a personal touch.  
  • Putting together each page in a clear and easy to read manner. This was one of my main aims for my music magazine because my target audience are from the younger generation, therefore they will want to be able to read it quickly and easily. 

Weaknesses

There were a few parts of my music magazine that I feel I did not do to the best of my ability and would like to improve if I were to do this project again; these include:
  • Choosing how to layout my front cover and double page spread. I found this part slightly confusing and would alter both slightly if I could do this again. I feel my front cover design turned out quite well as it fitted my template and the large photo grabs the readers attention. My double page spread is a simple layout which follows a colour scheme; it is easily to read and the large photograph is different from conventional interview photo's. To improve my double page spread I would apply more effects to the text area and perhaps some other smaller photo's to personalise the interview. 
  • I found in particular the programme I used to edit my photographs and create the pages of my magazine, called GIMP, difficult to use as it is a complicated programme and it was also my first time working with it. This caused me to have a disadvantage with my coursework due to lack of experience with the programme although it did shine in some aspects.  
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed completing my music magazine as it has given me an insight to a different way of editing to appeal to a certain audience, in a subject I enjoy - Music.     




No comments:

Post a Comment